Dear friends, family, and random people who found this blog by accident:
So according to my calculations, I haven’t written a blog post in almost 80 days, which I think is basically considered death by blogging. However, I’m here to (very quickly) tell you that I’m back and that I promise (cross my heart) that I’ll be better in the New Year! In the meantime, here’s a quick list of what’s been going on and (possibly) what’s been taking my time away from writing (or blogging, anyway). In random order:
- My youngest, fractured his elbow and we spent all weekend waiting for it to be operated on. Gotta love that Canadian health care system.
- I finished my last university course for my Master’s degree: LGBTQ* Issues in Education and Community, which involved a lot of essay writing.
- I presented at the International Symposium for Poetic Inquiry (more writing!) where I met many like minded researchers from around the world, some of whom I am now lucky enough to call friends.
- Depression. Yep, that son-of-a-bitch never seems to want to let me go. Although I’ve been feeling pretty good for a fairly long time now, I met up with Depression’s little sister: Seasonal Affective Disorder. So basically I’m sad because it’s winter.
- Pixy Stix: Not the candy, but our new puppy. (Pixy for short, or Pixie if we’re being posh) She’s a whippet, like our last dog Hudson was, and right now, she’s a bit of a handful to say the least.
So in a nutshell, that’s what I’ve been up to for the past 80 some days. When I type it out, it doesn’t really seem like any of those are good enough reasons not to be writing here, especially when it feels so good to be writing here, right now. I blame it on #4. Four’s a bastard, who fights hard and dirty. Four might have won the 80 day battle, but I’m back to win the war. I hope you’ll stick with me. (If you haven’t already given up on me, and I hope you haven’t)
If you would like to contact me about this post or about anything else you’ve read please email me at: email@example.com or tweet me @JudyAmy74